Tuesday 13 December 2011

Back From London


Back from a week in London and missing it already, despite the bitter cold and 4pm sundown.
I was pretty short on time and cash this time round so I didn’t get to do much. The Da Vinci exhibition was sold out and daily tickets required very and many long hours of cueing I couldn’t afford. Basically a couple of hours at Waterstones and browsing through Vanity Fair at Heathrow on my way back were are as intellectual as I got.
Most of high street was already on sale but, as always, I managed to pick out the only items that were not on sale or stuff that even with a decent discount cost the equivalent of Switzerland’s GDP, so… no shopping.
I did however find out a couple of new eating joints which I highly recommend: Comptoir Libanais off South Kensington (thanks F. and S.!) and Racine in Knightsbridge which is possibly the best French restaurant I’ve ever been to (thanks W. and C.!).
Anyway, holidays are over (boo!) so posts will resume as normal (yay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment